Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Flying Witch

Yesterday, was a beautiful October Saturday. We spent most of the day outside setting up more Halloween stuff. We even got the flying witch set up. Usually we don't put her up until the day before Halloween because she is a "fair-weather" witch, meaning that if the weather is windy or rainy or, heaven forbid, snowy, she is just no fun to have on top of the roof. But the weatherman says clear skies ahead, so up she went.

When we got her down from the garage rafters, she was Broken! Watch this little slideshow to see how we got her all fixed up and ready to fly this year.


This is the tenth year we have flown the witch. The first year was right after Gene had back surgery. He was bored at home recuperating, so he and a friend dreamed up the crazy flying witch contraption. And yes, he climbed up on the roof that first year, just 2 months after his surgery!

2 Cool Commentators:

kjha said...

First of all, your blog is amazing!!! I'm so glad you finally 'came out of the closet' so I can read it (and blurk a few on your list)! Second of all I've been thinking about you alot because a lady in our new ward knows you and I said I'd get your address to her, but I'd better send that in an email which I'll try to look up on the CC. And third, we are not going to make it to see your house this year but it's for sure a goal next year...I remember a few things from long ago but this looks amazing!

Breeana said...

Love your blog, it's so fun huh? i know it is just another thing to do that's not getting done though! I still need to post halloween pictures. We wish we could have seen everything before it was torn down...next year! Your blog is better than mine already, maybe I need blog lessons from you.