Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Halloween at Our House

Everyone who knows us, knows that we go nuts at Halloween. I don't remember why or even when it all started, but our Halloween display has grown in leaps and bounds over the years.

It all started at least 12 - 15 years ago, when we thought it would be fun to make a few dummies out of old clothes and masks. That year, during the month of October, it wasn't unusual for these dummies to appear in different locations throughout my house. Gene would move them around when I was gone, and I was always frightened when I stumbled upon them in the strangest places.

That first year, on Halloween night, Gene made a hangman's noose and hung one of the dummies from our roof. Our Halloween display has evolved into quite an ordeal since then. We have a cemetery with headstones for all our friends and neighbors, coffins, music, ghosts, lights, and even a witch flying around the house on Halloween night.

This year I thought I would try to take pictures and share all the different things we do to spook up our house. So look for more Halloween posts coming soon.

1 Cool Commentators:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

How deliciously gruesome!